While engaging in operations around the globe, your XCOM soldiers will encounter new and more varied counter-operations from ADVENT forces. These new mission types support the expanded strategy layer within the Long War 2 mod and gives ADVENT new abilities like being able to spawn unlimited reinforcements during some missions.
Here are the new mission types:
- Jailbreak – XCOM must infiltrate an ADVENT jail and rescue key Resistance members. Success increases the strength of the Resistance in that region.
- Haven Defense – A variation on Retaliation missions where XCOM must defend Resistance members against an onslaught of ADVENT forces until the Skyranger can get into position for extraction.
- ADVENT Base Assault – XCOM must deploy to and overtake a well-defended regional military headquarters.
- Invasion – ADVENT attempts to retake a liberated region by assaulting a city center. XCOM must destroy a psionic relay that summons continuous reinforcements, then eliminate any remaining forces.
- Rendezvous – A Faceless disguised as a member of the Resistance is detected as it goes to meet with its ADVENT handlers and XCOM must hunt it down.
- ADVENT Supply Raid – XCOM must defend a supply convoy and its Resistance personnel from ADVENT attacks.
- ADVENT Intel Raid – ADVENT attacks a Resistance listening post and XCOM must repel the attack.
- ADVENT Recruiting Raid – ADVENT forces attack Resistance recruiters within a region. XCOM must extract those Resistance members.
Additionally, the Skyranger now takes time to arrive at a mission site for extraction in Long War 2, and ADVENT reinforcements have become more dangerous overall. Keep this in mind before deploying on one of these new missions, Commander.