About Instant Games
Instant Games is a new feature from Facebook that lets people play games within seconds on Messenger and Facebook News Feed. This helps people easily discover, share and play games instantly there are no in-game purchases allowed yet.
Now you can challenge friends for high scores on Facebook Messenger’s new Instant Games which quickly load in three to ten seconds Messenger automatically shares high scores and leaderboards.
Free Space Invaders Facebook release November 29th 2016
Space Invaders was first designed, developed, and sold by TAITO in 1978, spurring a worldwide explosion in the popularity of arcade games. The Space Invaders character is TAITO’s corporate mascot and the characters that appear in-game continue to be licensed widely in various mediums globally to this day. Space Invaders has appeared everywhere from New York’s Museum of Modern Art to high-class fashion brands. It remains a popular, beloved franchise across the globe.
Free Arkanoid Facebook release November 29th 2016
Arkanoid was first designed, developed, and sold by TAITO in 1986. It quickly became a breakout hit, ushering in a huge boom of block-breaking arcade games. Arkanoid continues to appear on today’s newest gaming platforms, 30 years after its initial release.
As the sole owner of all intellectual property rights related to Arkanoid, including copyrights and trademarks, TAITO continues to proactively develop and market the classic game.
Instant Games launches today in 30 countries including the U.S., with 17 games from classic developers like Bandai Namco, Konami, and Taito as well as newer studios like Zynga and King. Instant Games are available on newer iOS and Android devices, and can be found by hitting the game controller icon in your Facebook Messenger threads next to the photos and stickers buttons. You can also play across platforms from Facebook on desktop thanks to a little overlaid phone screen.
The biggest draw of Instant Games is how quick you can start playing. You tap the game controller icon in one of your message threads, choose a game from the list, it loads in seconds, you play a short round, and your high score gets automatically posted to the private or group chat thread.
You can even share a stylized high score screenshot that you can Doodle on top of like Snapchat to trash talk your opponents. And if you share a game to the News Feed, friends can jump right into the action from Facebook’s app or website.
Full list of available games:
- Galaga – Classic arcade vertical space ship shooter, rebuilt so you only get one life for short sessions
- Space Invaders – Classic arcade space shooter
- EverWing (Blackstorm) – 1942-style vertical scrolling space ship shooter with impressive graphics and speed
- Endless Lake – Gorgeous Temple Run meets Monument Valley runner game with funky art
- Arkanoid – Classic arcade brick-breaking paddle game with decent mobile controls
- Words with Friends Frenzy – Rapid-fire Scrabble game that takes some practice
- Hex FRVR – Tetris meets Candy Crush-style puzzler where you form lines until you’re out of moves
- Pac-Man - Classic arcade game but with poor mobile swipe controls so you miss tunnels and die
- Shuffle Cats Mini – Card-flicking shooting gallery game that utilizes touch for speed and direction
- Wordalot – Scrabble meets crossword puzzle timed competition, fun and different though frustrating
- ZooKeeper – Timed Candy Crush with cute 8-bit graphics but too long of game sessions
- Track & Field 100M – Alternating button mashing speed trial with computer opponents who are too fast
- Brick Pop – Dots-style puzzle game that feels too random
- Bust-A-Move Blitz (Taito / Blackstorm) – Bubble-matching puzzle shooter that feels too slow
- 2020 Connect – Candy Crush meets Threes puzzler that feels too stodgy for Messenger
- Templar 2048 – Threes-style timed matching puzzle that’s a bit confusing
- The Tribez: Puzzle Rush – Candy Crush Clone with lame dinosaur theme
Where Instant Games will be available today: Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, UK, Canada, United States, Japan, Netherlands, Australia, Austria, Latvia, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, New Zealand, France, Singapore, Finland, Hong Kong, Russian Federation, Estonia, Taiwan, Slovenia, Puerto Rico, Cyprus, Israel, Lithuania, Spain and Italy.