BAM, YOU JUST GOT CLICKBAITED! Now that we've piqued your interest, we're going to lay out some tips to help you battle smart in post-apocalyptic Tokyo. Tonly thing in an SMT game that ever comes easily is death, so formulating the right strategies are important in order to come out on top.
1. Strike First - Tokyo is crawling with demons, so if you see one (or a hundred) while exploring be sure to strike first. If you land a successful first hit, you'll be allowed to attack first during the battle sequence. While this doesn't sounds super important, preemptive strikes can mean the difference between life and death. Seriously, death is around every turn in this game, so striking first is a must!
2. Exploit Weaknesses - Fighting demons may seem like a daunting task, but it's not too difficult once you get into a rhythm. Attacks come in eight classes - Physical, Gun, Fire, Ice, Electric, Force, Light, Dark - and must be used wisely during every encounter. That's because demons have an elemental weakness that can be exploited to deal devastating damage. For example, battling a gaggle of fire class demons? Don't fret! It's nothing that a little Bufu or Raging Blizzard can't handle. Make sure to remember each demon's weakness to maximize damage output!
3. Use Buffs - While attacks are the bread and butter of a demon hunter's arsenal, utilizing buffs can be the difference between a victory screen or making a sad visit to the underworld. Buffs can boost damage/defense, lower enemy damage/defense, prevent negative status effects, heal the team, and more, so make sure to use them!
4. Utilize the Right Partners - Besides demons, you'll be able to enlist the help of various partners such as Asahi, Navarre, Nozomi, Hallelujah, Gaston, Toki, and Isabeau who can turn the tide of battles in a big way. Each partner offers a different type of support, so it would be best to choose one that best accompanies your team build. Need a healing touch? Asahi is your girl. If extra fire power is what you're missing, Nozomi is probably a good choice. If muscle is needed, no one hits harder like Gaston! Essentially, partners will fill any offensive/defensive gaps that are missing.
5. Don't Panic - Fighting demons takes a lot of strategy, and can be terrifying when they ambush you into a battle. However, the worst thing to do is panic and let the demons tear you apart in a turn or two. Be patient, take a step back, and take a look at all the attack options you have at your disposal before making a move.
The plot of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse overlaps with Shin Megami Tensei IV (and features some familiar characters), but no previous experience with the original is required! The game features:
Divine Intrigue - Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods' chess game.
Combat Partners - Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
Oodles of Demons - Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
Revamped Demon Fusion - Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
Classic SMT Combat - Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.