New battle options will send opponents to the breaking point!
Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKpoint is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise, featuring the recently introduced BREAK Evolution mechanic! The Pokémon TCG: XY-BREAKpoint expansion reveals the growing rift between the twin worlds, first discovered by Shiny Mega Gyarados-EX.
As the rift tears through the skies, more Pokémon are drawn into the struggle, including Greninja BREAK, Luxray BREAK, and Mega Scizor-EX! Booster packs and two theme decks—Wave Slasher and Electric Eye -will be available in stores on February 3, 2016, introducing more than 120 new cards to collect and play.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY - BREAKpoint Expansion
· 5 new Pokémon BREAK cards featuring landscape orientation, a unique foil pattern, and uniquely rendered art, including Trevenant BREAK, Greninja BREAK, Luxray BREAK, and more. These cards give the evolved Pokémon more power, adding an HP boost and an extra attack or Ability to the Pokémon’s existing attacks (similar to the LV. X mechanic from the Diamond & Pearl Series).
· 11 new Pokémon-EX, including 2 new Mega Evolution Pokémon: Mega Gyarados-EX and Mega Scizor-EX. The Mega Evolution rule adds strategic depth, and these cards feature devastating attacks.
· 17 Trainer cards— New Trainer cards and a new Special Energy card add new depth and tactics to the Pokémon TCG.
· Booster packs - Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will be available.
· Two new theme decks - These 60-card pre-constructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
XY - BREAKpoint theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY-BREAKpoint expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.com/tcgo . The Pokémon TCG Online is also now available for iPad via the App Store.