New BREAK Evolution game mechanic coming to the Pokémon Trading Card Game in Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough very soon.
Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough is the newest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise. Booster packs and two theme decks—Burning Spark and Night Striker—will be available in stores on November 4, 2015, introducing over 160 new cards to collect and play.
Pokémon BREAK Evolution opens a new path to power that builds on a Pokémon’s existing strengths and creates all-new battling options! One world of technology, one world of nature, and all the wonders of BREAK Evolution are yours to explore in the Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough expansion!
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough Expansion
· New BREAK Evolution game mechanic—When a Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon BREAK, it gets an HP boost and a new attack or Ability, but it also gets to keep its existing attacks! Pokémon BREAK cards have a landscape design, unique foil pattern, and uniquely rendered art.
· 6 new Pokémon BREAK including Chesnaught BREAK and Zoroark BREAK
· 8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 new Mega Evolution Pokémon, plus 20 Trainer cards, including 2 full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards
· Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will be available.
· Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away. Each will include 59 standard cards and 1 special foil card.
XY—BREAKthrough theme decks and booster packs each include one in-pack code card that unlocks a virtual deck or 10 virtual cards from the XY—BREAKthrough expansion in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.co.uk/tcgo. The Pokémon TCG Online is also now available on iPad via the App Store.
The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 21.5 billion cards have been shipped to 74 countries around the world.