You awaken on an island with no memory but a child’s photograph is in your pocket. To uncover the mysteries of the island and the past, the player will need to search for resources and locate a way to escape.
Played in both first and third person view, the game features a crafting system that is inspired by classic point and click adventure games. Players will not stack items in a table but will create new items by using actions like Cut & Tie. Launching in Early Access with up to four players in Multiplayer mode, the game will evolve to include new gameplay mechanics and increase the number of players online.
You’ll explore an open sandbox environment where further investigation reveals the incongruous and outlandish nature of your environment. Craft items, seek shelter, quench your thirst, satisfy your hunger and fend off animals. What will you need to escape the island? The answers are waiting.
· Uncover a story that unfolds with new updatesBetter Late Than DEAD goes live on Steam Early Access in early July 2015. Commenting on the game, Odin’s co-founder Alexandre Kikuchi offered: “We’ve developed an adventure game based on survival elements that challenges the player with common decisions, where men and animals are part of one plot, but different destinies await. Better Late than DEAD brings a new challenge for old and new survivors!”
· Craft items using a combination of objects and methods like cutting and tying
· Online Multiplayer mode
· Lose blood, break bones, be poisoned and stave off hunger and thirst
· Varying weather conditions that affect gameplay
· Procedurally generated items that the player must find in order to leave the island
· Dangerous animals including wolves, snakes and sharks
· Permadeath – Will you be able to escape the island or will you succumb to its menace?
Title: Better Late Than DEAD
Genre: First / Third Person Survival Simulation
Early Access Date: July 2015
RRP: £10.99 / $14.99
Format: PC / Mac