Thursday, July 01, 2010
Video game 'Flick Kick Football' for iPhone and iPod Touch Hits #1 Spot on UK Paid App Charts
PikPok today announced that its original title Flick Kick Football for iPhone and iPod Touch has reached the #1 position on the UK paid app charts. Flick Kick Football challenges players to score from free kick positions by bending the ball around fearsome defender walls, while immersing the player in the nostalgic 70’s age of football greatness. The game is currently available for US$0.99, £0.59, helping celebrate the world’s football fever with the World Cup hitting the semi-final stage and soccer interest and awareness at its peak.
“Football fans have been praising the challenge and fun of Flick Kick Football. Charting at #1 in the UK demonstrates we have delivered a great gaming experience, and is an incredibly satisfying result for the PikPok team,” said Jos Ruffell, manager of the PikPok label. “With the many hours between matches in the World Cup, there is a lot of time to think about football without football on the TV. Flick Kick Football is a great way to pass the time between matches and feel a part of the energy and excitement that the entire world is experiencing.”
Flick Kick Football is the fourth game in the Flick Kick series from PikPok which also includes Flick Kick Rugby, Flick Kick Aussie Rules, and Flick Kick Field Goal.
Flick Kick Football features:
• Multiple Modes including:
• Practice Mode, to get your game up to par
• Arcade Mode to show what you can do when it really counts
• Time Attack Mode for those with limited time or that like to race the clock for greatness
• Intuitive Flick Kicking – Sweep your finger across the ball to drive, curve and power the ball past walls of defenders
• Unique ‘Golden Era’ of Football Presentation – Immerse yourself in graphics that will bring the nostalgia of the era back
• OpenFeint Leaderboards and Achievements – So the world can see that you’re a better player than your friends
• Screenshots and video available at http://www.pikpokgames.com/football/
• Available from iTunes via http://links.pikpokgames.com/web/football