Friday, February 01, 2008
New Trailer download for PC SHIP SIMULATOR 2008
Leading computer software publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer VSTEP today released a new trailer for Ship Simulator 2008, their true-to-life naval simulator on CD-ROM, compatible with Windows® Vista™. Ship Simulator 2008 includes multiplayer and new vessels from personal watercrafts and powerboats, to hovercrafts and super tankers. Navigate your way through San Francisco Bay, the New York harbor, port of Marseille and many other world renowned harbors, all recreated in minute detail. Ship Simulator 2008 began shipping to major retailers across Canada and the US last week.
The new trailer takes players on a thrilling simulation ride showcasing the wide variety of vessels. Fans can get a glimpse of Ship Simulator’s universe as they take the helm of great oceans liners of the past, as well as high-powered vessels of today. Experience what it’s like to sail your yacht through the Thai Phi Phi Islands or test your maneuvering skills with the Titanic in the bustling Rotterdam port! Besides these exciting vessels and environments, the trailer also shows the easy-to-control and user-friendly interface, giving great insight into the menus, maps and navigational instruments. Do you have what it takes to become a true sea captain?
To download the trailer, please visit www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
With the growing number of Ship Simulator users worldwide, VSTEP is continuously adding new content and features. In Ship Simulator 2008, players will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within stunning 3D environments. They will take control of a wide array of vessels – from massive cargo ships and ferries, to speedboats, yachts, water taxis, personal watercrafts, and even the mighty Titanic! The waters you sail are as varied as the ships, including the harbors of New York, the Thai Phi Phi Islands, Rotterdam and Hamburg, plus three newly added harbours: San Francisco, Marseille and Southampton/Cowes/Solent. Ship Simulator 2008 incredibly recreates real locations from around the world and presents players with the challenges of commanding the vessel of their choice on the open sea.
• Dynamic ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
• Long distance travel, open ocean voyages between ports
• Visible damage system
• 50 new complex and challenging missions
• Extensive day, night and weather systems
• Open sea, plus 7 harbor environments including New York, San Francisco, Marseille and Southampton/Cowes/Solent
• 16 ships, each with walkthrough functionality and interactive bridge controls
• Controllable container crane
• Advanced vector graphic sea chart based on realistic 3D seabed models, with full-screen display option, transparency setting, and high level of detail on text and depth readings
• Advanced damage system showing dents and holes in vessels after severe collisions
• Free-roam mode allows players to choose a ship, an environment, weather conditions, time of day, and set their own waypoints
• Extensive mapping options for keys and joystick buttons
• Advanced rope system, which allows you to connect and disconnect player ships to other ships or mooring boulders at will (anchoring is now also possible)
• Mid-mission save function
• A system for sinking ships when damaged below the water line
• Advanced system for scoring and ranking in different ship type classes, linked to your online profile on the Ship Simulator forum
• Mission editor, so you can create your own adventures and share them with your fellow players on the forum
• Multiplayer free-roaming, including towing and chat
• In-game downloading of new missions, created by other players