The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 21.5 billion cards have been shipped to 74 countries around the world.
Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions
Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise and the final expansion in the Pokémon TCG: XY Series. XY—Evolutions celebrates 20 years of Pokémon by revisiting the original Pokémon cards. This expansion has the look and feel of those classic Base Set cards, with updated game logic and stats. Long-time and new Pokémon fans alike can see Pokémon-EX in the Base Set frame, offering a nostalgic twist on these powerful cards.
All Trainers and Pokémon grow and evolve—and this expansion restores the very first Pokémon trading cards to glory! With the exhilarating power of Mega Venusaur-EX, Mega Charizard-EX, and Mega Blastoise-EX, plus some wild surprises like Dragonite-EX, Ninetales BREAK, Machamp BREAK, and Mega Slowbro-EX, the classic hard-battling Pokémon and old-school Trainers are reinvented for a new generation. Booster packs and two theme decks—Pikachu Power and Mewtwo Mayhem—will be available at participating retailers and will introduce more than 100 new cards to collect and play.
• Feel the nostalgia with classic cards—Updated logic lets old-school cards stand their ground with newer ones, and for the first time, Darkness, Metal, and Fairy Energy will be available in Base Set frames.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion
• Four new Pokémon BREAK—These new BREAK cards, featuring landscape orientation, a unique foil pattern, and ‘gold-plated’ art rendering, include Ninetales BREAK, Machamp BREAK, Starmie BREAK, and Nidoking BREAK. These cards give the evolved Pokémon more power, adding an HP boost and an extra attack or Ability to the Pokémon’s existing attacks (similar to the LV.X mechanic from the Diamond & Pearl Series).
• New Mega Evolution Pokémon—Mega Slowbro-EX and Mega Pidgeot-EX make their Pokémon TCG debut, and Mega Venusaur-EX, Mega Charizard-EX, and Mega Blastoise-EX reappear with classic frames. Spirit Link cards, which allow Mega Evolution without ending your turn, will appear for all Mega Evolution Pokémon in the expansion.
• New Pokémon-EX—Slowbro-EX and Pidgeot-EX make their Pokémon TCG debut, and new versions of Mewtwo-EX and Dragonite-EX appear in the expansion. Venusaur-EX, Blastoise-EX, and Charizard-EX, which debuted early in the XY Series, make a reappearance.
• Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion.
• Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
XY—Evolutions theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY—Evolutions expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-tcg/play-online/. The Pokémon TCG Online is also available for iPad via the App Store and Android tablets via Google Play.
Play! Pokémon provides opportunities for Pokémon TCG and video game players to enjoy their favorite games together—from casual Pokémon League gatherings to competitive events that make up the Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Championship Series. The Championship Series culminates each year with the Pokémon World Championships, where players from more than 30 countries battle for the title of Pokémon World Champion in three different age divisions. There are more than 450,000 entrants in Pokémon events worldwide each year.
New to Play! Pokémon? Check out a Pokémon League in your area! Pokémon Leagues are strong communities of Pokémon TCG and video game players around the world, and groups can be found in cities and towns in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Pokémon Leagues are a great way to play casually and trade with others! For more information on Play! Pokémon or to find a Pokémon League in your area, please visit http://www.pokemon.com/uk/play-pokemon/.