Team Official Invitation is a unique team because they're comprised entirely of new characters to the KOF series! They were also personally invited by the mysterious billionaire Antonov, host of THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV tournament, because they're the best of the best of the best.
So what does a crack team of ultimate fighters look like? First up is Sylvie, a former member of the shadowy NESTS organization, whose modified body allows her to unleash electrical attacks on opponents. While those powers are deadly on their own, what makes her so dangerous is the fact that she's as nutty as a fruitcake.
Apologies, they call that "being quirky" nowadays right? Just look at her crazy eyeball-themed outfit and completely unpredictable attacks! Next up is Kukri, the mysterious hooded underground fighter whose gritty personality compliments his ability to wield sand. I mean, just imagine fighting someone who constantly attacks with pocket sand and multiply that by a thousand to get Kukri. Lastly, we've got the magnificent Mian who turns every fight into a performance worthy of the Chinese Opera. She's skilled at Bian Lian - the art of face-changing - and her attacks involve a lot of graceful and vigorous dance moves.
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF's visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF '98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK's history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There's a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game's launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game's netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4's online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The King of Fighters XIV "Burn to Fight" Premium Edition includes the following for $79.99/CA$99.99:
- SteelBook - The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series' fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
- Art book - This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
- 3-Disc Soundtrack - Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
- Collector's Box - All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.