The award-winning and billion-dollar “Gears of War” franchise has redefined the third-person shooter genre. Launched to critical acclaim in 2006, the franchise has inspired a full line of toys and collectibles, apparel, graphic novels and a book series by New York Times bestselling author Karen Traviss.
Set on the fictional planet of Sera, the “Gears of War” series charts the story of humanity’s struggle against fearsome and brutal adversaries through a captivating tale of hope, comradery and survival.
For more E3 2016 trailers visit my YouTube channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboyuk
Get ready as a new saga begins for one of the most acclaimed video game franchises in history. After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy. “Gears of War 4” returns the franchise to the dark tone and intensity of the original and includes split-screen and online co-op, the next generation of five-player favorite, Horde Mode, 60 frames-per-second Versus multiplayer, and stunning visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4.
Available worldwide on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC as an Xbox Play Anywhere title (both versions included with single digital purchase, at no additional cost) on Oct. 11, 2016. With Cross Play functionality, Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers can play together in cooperative modes like Campaign, Horde and Co-Op Versus.
• More than 26 million copies of “Gears of War” games have been sold worldwide.About The Coalition
• More than 1.6 million players participated in the “Gears of War 4” Versus Multiplayer beta in Spring 2016.
• Over the past 10 years, “Gears of War” games have collectively garnered more than 510 media and industry awards, accolades and nominations.
• The “Gears of War” community spans 45 million unique players, with a cumulative 2.3 billion hours of gameplay played.
• Following its August 2015 launch, “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” for Xbox One is tracking over 3 million unique players to-date, 50% of which are new to the “Gears of War” franchise.
• The franchise has attracted prominent talent from across the entertainment industry. “Gears of War 4” features Liam McIntyre from the TV shows Flash and Spartacus, Eugene Byrd of Arrow and Bones, and actress Laura Bailey, who voiced Olympia Vale in “Halo 5: Guardians.”
• As of November 2015, the complete “Gears of War” catalog is now available on Xbox One with the launch of backwards compatibility.
• The “Gears of War” games have generated more than $1 billion in sales, making it the second Xbox-exclusive franchise to do so, and establishing it as one of the most popular video game series of the past ten years.
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for “Gears of War.” Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the “Gears” franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.