Diehard fans of KOF will recognize Iori Yagami, Mature, and Vice from the early games, but they sure look fine, fresh, and fierce showing off their skills in 3D.
The trailer showcases the scorching purple fury of Iori, the dizzying brutality of Vice, and vicious cat-like clawing of Mature. Watch the bad girls and boy of Team Yagami dish out some brutal combos to the sweet sultry sounds of "Saxophone Under the Moon" below!
Oh and for our European fans waiting for news with bated breath, our friends at Deep Silver announced earlier today that they'll be publishing THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV in Europe, complete with SteelBook® case for pre-orders and limited launch copies!
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF's visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF '98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK's history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There's a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game's launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game's netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4's online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players!