Celebrating the Pokémon Trading Card Game debut of Zygarde, owners of Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X or Pokémon Y can grab the Legendary Pokémon now via Nintendo Network for a limited time.
Pokémon TCG: XY—Fates Collide is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise, featuring the powerful BREAK Evolution mechanic. Mega Alakazam-EX sees the future—and shapes it to unify two worlds!
The Legendary Pokémon Zygarde arrives in many different Formes to bring order, together with Lugia BREAK, Mega Altaria-EX, and Umbreon-EX. Fates are sealed, and two Pokémon worlds join together in XY—Fates Collide! Booster packs and two theme decks—Sky Guardian and Battle Ruler—will be available in stores on May 4, 2016, introducing more than 120 new cards to collect and play.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Fates Collide expansion
• Zygarde’s TCG Debut—Zygarde will appear in the Pokémon TCG for the first time. Various Formes of this Legendary Pokémon appear as two regular Pokémon and a Pokémon-EX, and there’s a Zygarde-specific Pokémon Tool card (similar to Genesect’s G Booster from Black & White—Plasma Blast). The latest season of Pokémon animation will have a Zygarde-focused storyline throughout, as well.
• 5 new Pokémon BREAK—These new cards feature landscape orientation, a unique foil pattern, and “gold-plated” art rendering, including Omastar BREAK, Lugia BREAK, Bronzong BREAK, Carbink BREAK, and Delphox BREAK. These cards give the evolved Pokémon more power, adding an HP boost and an extra attack or Ability to the Pokémon’s existing attacks (similar to the LV.X mechanic from the Diamond & Pearl Series).
• 13 new Pokémon-EX, including 3 new Mega Evolution Pokémon—Mega Alakazam-EX, Mega Audino-EX, and Mega Altaria-EX make their Pokémon TCG debut! The Mega Evolution rule adds strategic depth, and these cards feature devastating attacks.
• 24 Trainer cards—New Trainer cards and 2 Special Energy cards add new depth and tactics to the Pokémon TCG.
• Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion.
• Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
XY—Fates Collide theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY—Fates Collide expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.co.uk/tcgo.
The Pokémon TCG Online is also available for iPad via the App Store.
XY—Fates Collide marks the first time Zygarde has been available in the Pokémon TCG. To celebrate this, European owners of Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can get Zygarde for free via Nintendo Network from now until 26 May. This powerful Lv. 100 Zygarde will be distributed with the Aura Break Ability, and it knows the moves Land’s Wrath, Extreme Speed, Glare and Outrage.