SNOW, the open world, winter sports game, has advanced into free-to-play open beta on Windows PC via Steam.
This new phase of development launches with free-roam multiplayer for sharing the powder with friends, the introduction of competitive events and leaderboards, enhanced graphics, and an expanded mountain that now includes more than 20 unique areas to discover.
• Massive Open World: Explore every bit of the 65 km3 world and discover Sialia, the biggest winter mountain ever made in a game. Descend Sialia’s four faces and ride through hidden valleys, mountain towns, and beautiful backcountry landscapes.
• Authentic Riding Experience: SNOW has been built as a completely physics-driven game to create the most authentic riding experience possible. Feel each turn, jump, and approach every line with complete freedom.
• Real Clothes and Equipment: SNOW features a deep character customisation system and offer real-life products from the latest seasons. We have partnered up with more than twenty partners to offer the biggest catalogue of winter sports products ever done in a video game.
• Breathtaking Graphics: SNOW is powered by Crytek’s CRYENGINE, which provides high production values and best-in-class graphics.
• Live Service: SNOW is designed as a free-toplay game. We will continuously update the game, add new features and content to the mountain and in the store.
• VR Support: SNOW will also support Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR in first-person view. This is the first VR winter sports game ever.
As a free-to-play open beta, players have the option to purchase cosmetic items to customize their appearance, as well as access to premium events that unlock exclusive rewards not available in the store. Poppermost has partnered with a continually growing list of the world’s top winter sports pros, brands, and events to design slick clothing and equipment for the slopes and competitions to test your skills. Snowboarding and snowmobiling are also currently in development and will be unveiled to players during the Open Beta.
SNOW is expected to officially launch as a free-to-play game on PC and the PlayStation 4 later this year. Support for PlayStation VR and Oculus Rift is also in development.