StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void is the third chapter in the epic sci-fi storyline spanning the StarCraft II trilogy. With Kerrigan and the zerg Swarm missing and Jim Raynor rebuilding the war-torn terran civilization, the galaxy's only hope rests with the protoss and their greatest living heroes: Artanis and Zeratul.
Players will fight to unite the protoss, take back their homeworld, and vanquish the ancient evil threatening all life in the universe. Featuring new units and introducing new cooperative multiplayer modes, Legacy of the Void is the ultimate strategy experience—and StarCraft at its finest.
• A standalone experience: Legacy of the Void will allow players to immediately dive into StarCraft II, even if they did not play Wings of Liberty or Heart of the Swarm.
• All-new campaign: Play through the stunning conclusion to one of the greatest sci-fi stories of all time, deciding the fates of Jim Raynor, Kerrigan, Zeratul, and more.
• Archon Mode: A new, two-player cooperative experience that involves both players sharing control over a single base and army in multiplayer action. By sharing the responsibilities of commanding troops and managing resources, players can focus on their own areas of the battle and execute more intricate strategies.
• Co-op Missions: Another cooperative mode that involves players joining forces and taking on the roles of legendary commanders from the StarCraft saga. Players battle through campaign-like scenarios together, leveling up their commanders' capabilities and unlocking more abilities and units as they progress.
• Brand-new units: Legacy of the Void provides players with additional strategic unit options for the protoss, terran, and zerg, and new abilities for existing units expand the strategic depth of StarCraft II multiplayer action.
• Automated tournaments: With Legacy of the Void, it will be easier than ever for every player to experience the thrill of online competition over Battle.net.
• New multiplayer maps: A host of new maps and tile sets will bring the battle to all corners of the Koprulu Sector.