Following the success of Mortal Kombat X’s “Blue Steel” Sub-Zero skin DLC, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is supporting the competitive pro fighting game scene in a big way with tournament sponsorships and prize pool contributions.
With a month remaining before the July 11 ESL Mortal Kombat X Worldwide Competitive Program finals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is doubling its commitment to the prize pool and raising it to $100,000 USD.
The Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin is still available for purchase for £1.69 with the proceeds to be used to fund the following initiatives:
● Further contribution to the ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro-League finals prize pool. The deadline for the Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin to fund this tournament is June 29
● Establishing a Mortal Kombat X prize pool of $50,000 at EVO (July 1 7 -19)
● Funding a series of Mortal Kombat X tournaments including:
- Combo Breaker (May 22-24)
- MCM Comic Con - UK Invitational Tournament (May 23)
- CEO (June 26-28)
● Other tournament support to be confirmed later
Mortal Kombat X, the latest entry in the legendary fighting game franchise from NetherRealm Studios, is available now for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Steam on Windows PC.