The first major update for Cities: Skylines, the world dominating city builder for PC, Mac and Linux, all for the princely sum of nothing!
The first brand new content since the game’s release, this free update titled "Version 1.1 - European Theme" includes:
- Three new European Themed Maps
- Over 50 European style buildings for the new European map themes
- Wall-to-wall buildings enabled for the European Style buildings
- Tunnels, one of the community’s most requested features
- A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
- A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and bug fixes.
- Full patch-notes can be found on the forum
Munthe continued, “Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types.”
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation, introducing new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the genre. Boasting a fully realized transport system, Cities: Skylines also includes the ability to mod the game to suit your play style as a counter balance to the layered and challenging simulation.