The Voice of Germany is the official game version of the music show, and brings an exciting studio atmosphere into Germany’s living rooms. Players sitting at home in front of their Wii can experience all of the stations in The Voice of Germany: beginning with the blind audition, in which at least one of the coaches has to be persuaded.
Then the player moves on to the tense battles, from which only one contestant can advance. Afterwards, the player proceeds to thrilling live shows, where the training sessions really pay off, and then progresses all the way to the finals, and to The Voice of Germany!
In the multiplayer mode, players can compete with or against friends in six different game modes. Players can choose from 30 English and German language songs, including the original video clips, and use two microphones with up to eight players to measure themselves against their family and friends.
The Voice of Germany, which will be launched on November 8th, 2012, is the official game version of the extremely successful music show of the same name, the second season of which has been broadcast since October 18th on ProSieben and since October 19th on SAT.1. bitcomposer Games and flashpoint AG are going to release this music and party game in two different editions. In addition to the stand-alone edition, priced at €39.95, there will be a premium value bundle, including two quality Logitech microphones, at a price of €59.95.
This singing and party game is being produced and co-developed by UK based independent games production company and publisher, Wired Productions. Wired is no stranger to singing and party games; their portfolio includes, among others, the hugely popular and successful We Sing™ series on Nintendo Wii, which has also been successfully distributed by flashpoint AG in Germany.
Wired worked on The Voice of Germany with long-term collaborators - the France based studio - Le Cortex, who are also experts in the area of music games.
According to Jason Harman, Operations and Production Director with Wired, the outstanding factor was not just the extra complexity that comes with a significant TV license, but rather, “creating an experience that is oriented as closely as possible to the show. Here, it is about the voices of the singers, not about colorful animations. This allows the player to experience the show as it is in reality.”
Frédéric Sommer, the Project Director at Le Cortex, comments, “We believe that we have managed to create a product that reflects the spirit of the show.”
This has been achieved with the help of the KaraEngine, which was developed especially for The Voice of Germany. The KaraEngine, which is set to redefine technical standards in the singing game genre, drastically minimizes annoying latency times, thus guaranteeing a smooth playing experience.
The Voice of Germany also distinguishes itself through the unique quality of its track listing: 30 top-notch titles by international artists, all of which have achieved top ten chart positions, offer a balanced mix of German and English language tracks. Moreover, this is the first time that most of the songs have been part of a music and singing game.
· Game based on the TV show! Officially licensed game version of the popular and wildly successful TV show “The Voice of Germany!”
· 30 popular & up to date songs with a balanced mix of German and English titles of varying difficulty levels.
· Every track a real hit: Among others, “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga, “Satellite” by Lena, and “Do You Like What You See” by “TVoG” winner Ivy Quainoo.
· TV Show Mode: Experience the TV show up close, and master the various levels of the show (blind audition, coaching, duel, live shows).
· Singing is fun—especially with others! Sing together with up to eight friends in two teams at one time, or go up against them in intense battles. Six different multiplayer modes make this possible.
· Immediate feedback: Thanks to modern technology, the game has an extremely high transfer rate between the microphone and the screen, providing for the lowest latency ever.
· Easy-to-use menus for quick access to the songs.
The Voice of Germany will be launched on November 8th, 2012, exclusively for Nintendo Wii™, and will be distributed in the German speaking market exclusively by flashpoint.