In the course of the multi-staged release of the second chapter of Runes of Magic, “The Elven Prophecy”, Frogster will publish an additional content update next week. In conjunction with the ‘Aotulia Volcano’ zone, the publisher is adding the ‘Cave of the Water Dragon’ into the live version of the fantasy game world.
The new dungeon offers groups of up to six players at the level cap of 55 to experience a fresh setting with new challenges and treasure.
Groups of adventurers will find access to the ‘Cave of the Water Dragon’ across the ‘Throne of the Water’ in the ‘Weeping Coast’ region. During their quest, the elemental being Polython will transport them into the throne room of Zanordoth, the old king of the Water Dragons. His demented son Lytfir has awoken from a lengthy slumber. With heavy heart, King Zanordoth banished the water dragon to the darkest corner of the cave after he turned against his alliance with the humans, forged long ago.
Now, player groups have the task of sending the quick-tempered dragon back to rest. To achieve this goal, they need to collect several soul essences from around the instance. But there are some powerful elemental beings that make life difficult. The essences will let players receive a crystal ball from Zanordoth, which they can use to recapture Lytfir, sending him back to sleep. A new teaser video highlighting the new dungeon is available now at:
Runes of Magic – A world full of magic and adventure
Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role play game carries an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,300 quests set in the atmospheric fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than 1.9 million registered users, making it one of the most successful titles in the free-to-play segment, and a must play game for all fans of MMOs and RPGs.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s deep customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own completely individual virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone.
Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
* Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
* Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
* In-depth story experienced through above 2,000 quests laced with epic quest-lines
* Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
* Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of rideable animals
* Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
* Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
* Dynamic crafting and customization of items
* Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
* Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
* Title: Runes of Magic
* Genre: Fantasy MMORPG
* Platform: Windows PC
* Publisher: Frogster Online Gaming GmbH
* Developer: Runewaker
* Entertainment Ltd.
* Release: 19.03.2009 “Chapter I – Rise of the Demon Lord” / 15.09.2009 “Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy”
* USK: from 12 years PEGI: 12+