Friday, May 01, 2009
Jeremy Soule and Joss Ackland to provide IL-2 Sturmovik: Bird of Prey's soundscap
The duet of Jeremy Soule (KOTOR, Oblivion) and Joss Ackland (Lethal Weapon 2) performing on 1C Publishing’s IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Soule will be applying his unique talents to composing an exclusive European soundtrack for the game, whilst Ackland’s momentous, timeless and distinctive tones will be the backbone of the UK and US version of the game’s narration.
London-born Ackland is a distinguished stage actor, and has appeared as a chameleonic cad in over 100 films. Though he has avoided type-casting, in recent years he’s managed to secure many roles as a person of distinction, including Archchancellor Ridcully in Terry Pratchett’s Hogfather, Ambassador Lysenko in The Hunt for Red October, and Winston Churchill in Above & Beyond. Older gamers may remember him as the South African heavy in Lethal Weapon II or even the voice of the black rabbit in Watership Down!
Multi-award winning composer Soule, on the other hand, is a native of the videogame stage, supplying music for the leading games of the last ten years; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Company of Heroes, Harry Potter, Total Annihilation, SOCOM: The Navy Seals and the Elder Scrolls series all owe their distinctive aural environments to him, alongside many, many more. With a corpus stretching from the deceptively simple Rugrats and Lemony Snicket, to the asian stylings of Guild Wars: Factions, to the opening of the $744 million-earning The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Soule has demonstrated his versatility and professionalism.
Developed by Gaijin Entertainment for Xbox 360 and PS3, DiP Interactive for Nintendo DS and DYNAMICSYSTEMS for PSP, IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey features the greatest aerial battles of all time, during the Second World War, and boasts the most realistic landscapes and aircraft seen in any flight sim. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will be published by 505 Games under the 1C Label and is due for a 2009 release.
· Authentic World War II atmosphere
· Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe.
· Five theatres of war to engage in, including The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun' representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
· Fly historically accurate aircraft, from the iconic Spitfire to the Mustang and of course the Ilyushin IL-2!
· Completely flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation c
· Thrilling multiplayer modes: Dogfight, Team Deathmatch, Ground Strike and Capture the Airfield
· Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music
505 Games will publish IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on the 1C Label for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS and PSP in 2009.